Interruption of services IDC 1 - April 26th
Event: On Tuesday April 26th, 2022, at 8:36 hours (CDT), there was an intermittence in all the services of IDC #1.
Services affected: Internet Data Center #1 - AUS. Specific shared hosting servers with web and database services, Mail Pro service as well as primary SiteRemote server and certain VPS servers.
- 8:40 hrs CDT. Our support team is troubleshooting probable causes and looking for a solution. An engineer has been dispatched to IDC to physically check all the servers, connections & hardware.
- 9:30 hrs CDT. Our engineer arrives at IDC and he determines that the cause of the issue is related to Cisco firewall device that is responding intermittently. We proceed to request a backup firewall device to replace the failed one.
- 11:25 hrs CDT. The bakcup device arrives and it is implemented. We proceed to install the firewall configuration (from our backup) to re-establish services.
- 13:05 hrs CDT. After several attempts, the new device is not accepting the backup configuration so we proceed to manually load a new configuration.
- 14:03 hrs CDT. Services begin to be re-established gradually.
- 16:05 hrs CDT. All affected services has been restored successfully.
Any further updates will be notified here.
If you need further help, please raise a support ticket.
We apologize for the inconveniences that this might have caused. We thank you for your patience and understanding. Hardware, software & infrastructure in general can fail eventually, but our support team is always ready to solve any incidence in the most efficient and prompt way.
Tech Support Team
Share this article